WE HAVE A LOT TO CELEBRATE! I wanted to take a minute and give you a quick recap of what's been happening at CityChurch this fall…
- On Wednesday, September 12th we launched an all new CityYouth! Since then, this group is now meeting every Wednesday night, we have an incredible CityYouth leadership team in place, they're having a lot of fun, and most importantly we're connecting teenagers to Christ!
- On Sunday, September 23rd we officially launched TWO SERVICES at CityChurch. As a result of a lot of hard work and so many sacrifices by our volunteers it was a huge success. Before our launch we were averaging around 200 people each week at CityChurch. Since our two service launch we have averaged around 300 people - that's almost 100 new people connecting to Christ and the local church - YES!
- On Sunday, October 7th we celebrated Love Tulsa Sunday by being the church, not just going to church. We had 200 people all over the city serving at nine different projects. That evening we concluded with a huge party downtown where we served dinner, prayed for, and blessed over 300 homeless people in our city. Thanks for living out the gospel! The results of Love Tulsa Sunday are immeasurable.
- Sunday, October 14th was Community Group Connect Sunday where Jason Fitch, our new Community Groups Director, gave people the opportunity to get connected to a life-giving Community Group. We launched several new groups and saw many people take the next step in their walk with Christ.
- This past week our first every missions team went to Honduras! We have partnered with Mission of Mercy and a local church in Choluteca, Honduras to reach that entire city for Jesus Christ. While we were there, we conducted children's ministry, a women's ministry event, leadership training for pastors/leaders, sports camps, and began laying the foundation for a long-term relationship with the local church in that community. You will hear more this Sunday!
- I SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST! Over the past 2 months we have seen many, many people come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. That's what it is all about! That's why we exist!
Although we have so much to celebrate, I believe the best is yet to come. Thank you for your prayers, your partnership, your commitment, and your sacrifice. It's an honor and a privilege to be a part of something that God is using to change lives forever!
Please don't miss the next two Sundays and our new series, A Church on a Mission, as we refocus around being the church God intended for us to be - a church sent to reach people with the gospel!